As regular readers know, I have been building a website for Hansel in a desperate attempt to help him find a regular source of income, other than me. For reasons not clear, I bought his domain name from www.godaddy.com. This was a mistake.
- There are multiple layers and levels of click through to even launch the site builder
- It is hard to find the ok or upload buttons which always seem to slip off the bottom of my screen
- There is nothing intuitive about the site navigation, meaning I end up loading the site builder multiple times trying to get back from whence I came
- There is lots of fussing around with photo albums and galleries and montages, but no easy way to upload them on to the website
- Worst of all, all the library music tracks are rock or wimpy–nothing with even a hint of R&B or Reggae. Are all Go Daddy customers lily white and old?
I bought a package with 5 email addresses only to find out that forwarding them to existing yahoo or gmail addresses costs extra. It has not been a good experience. I wish WordPress sold domain names.
(Go Daddy, if you want to follow up with me after your google term search leads you to this post, honestly there’s no need. Just add a Go Go beat to your music downloads and offer a slideshow or gallery option like WordPress does. That will make me happy–and help Hansel get a job.)
Enjoy Hansel’s gallery here.